SvenskaEnglishGermanPolish

                            Responsible for the content: Lena Johansson, Karlskrona kommun. Photo: Lena Johansson unless otherwise stated 

THE NAVAL DOCKYARD AND HARBOUR 

At first the Navy Yard was situated on the island of Vämö but was moved to the southern part of Trossö in 1684. Buildings and fortifications were built here, with complementary establishments on the islands Lindholmen, Söderstjärna and Stumholmen. 

This is one of the few dockyards in the world where it is still possible to see buildings and docks specifically designed for the construction of sailing warships. Today the Western part of the Naval yard is where modern ships and submarines are built, and the Eastern part is being used by the Naval Base.